what if people named their kids when they turn 18 so the kid has a name that fits its personality
Anonymous said: Why does your merch say pop punk sucks if you guys are pop-punk?
Pop punk sucks
I asked 22 self-identifying creationists at the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate to write a message/question/note to the other side. Here’s what they wrote.
I’m gonna have some fun answering those people’s questions. every now and then I look at these signs, you know, when I need a good laugh.
3. yes, unless your god is a deceiving piece of shit and desperately wants every reasonable person to go to hell
4. I think some scientist would have noticed. the second law of thermodynamics in an open system does not disprove evolution. I bet you can’t name the other two (or three if you want to include the zeroth).
5. I am not gonna answer that
6. the second law of thermodynamics in the case of evolution is as stated above, not appliable. the big bang theory was improved by the inflation theory which can indeed better explain the so called big bang. I don’t see why any law of the thermodynamics would prevent inflation.
7. what about it?
8. why would there be objective meaning in life?
9. exactly, by chance, most likely. other theories include panspermia, the hypothesis that live bacteria came onto earth via space, sounds crazy, still better than your book.
10. I don’t know how to respond to this.
11. if you do the maths, extra terrestrial life is very probable, god is not. furthermore is any supernatural explanation inferior until the existence of anything supernatural can be scientificly proven.
12. I see that you have an official definition of proof, I can assure you that we take you very seriously and where did you get your phd again?
14. if creationism was a theory, there would have to be proof. books itself are not at all theories. this question is a consequence of inability to look up the scientific definition of theory and it’s washed up conversational use.
15. I am speechless, how could anyone even utter these words. any hypothesis must be testable and the experiments repeatable (unlike creationism and the god hypothesis). to quote dawkins “such a mind is a disgrace to the human kind.”
16. This isn’t a bad question. evolution and it’s mechanism natural selection provide an example for this though and they’re pretty well backed up. the science of information is one of the most complex construct, in my opinion.
17. there always has to be a purpose, right? maybe I’m here to educate people like you? is that good enough of a purpose?
18. check out list of human evolution fossils on wikipedia (thirty second search). it might not be 7 billion fossils but it’s definitely more than one.
20. trust me, you poor misguided creature, it’s way more amazing if you understand it.
21. there are tons of exploding stars and if you think the big bang was in a star, you should definitely get updated on the theory of inflation.
22. If there are americans, how are there still english people?
now I am a little bit sad and pretty pessimistic for the human race.
dean peltons approach in the tv series community is the way I think tumblr would approach it too.
what really sucks is when you know you should be doing something but physically cannot bring yourself to do it no matter how important doing that thing is